I love questions. Without them, progress is virtually impossible. To reflect is to ask, and information without reflection is a wasteful use of my time. Anything i’m reading needs to land somewhere – I don’t enjoy it enough to class it as relaxation, and with limited time I need full value for it.
So for every book I read/finish I need some questions. They need to cover my person and my responsibilities, have tangible application and be measurable.
I’ll tweak them as I go but these can make for a good start.
- What has it revealed to me about myself?
- How am I going to respond to that? and how can I measure it?
- What has it taught me about leadership/my leadership?
- How am I going to adapt my leadership in light of it?
- How will the affect be felt by those I lead?